Summon for the Award to the Latin American Photobook of the year 2017
On the behalf of the Coloquio Latinoamericano de Fotografía ¿Adónde vamos?
Foto Museo Cuatro Caminos in Mexico City, in alliance with Hydra (Mex) and TURMA (Arg), are calling out to all photographers and editors to present their books, from which the BEST EDITORIAL ENDEAVOR will be rewarded with the amount of $1,500 USD.
The selected books will be exhibited publicly during the Coloquio Latinoamericano de Fotografía ¿Adónde vamos? which will be taking place from September 13th through the 16th of the current year in the Foto Museo facilities.
The photobook review and the final award will be selected by the jury, which is composed by Rosângela Rennó, Bruno Ceschel and Marc Feustel.
The winner will be announced during the award event on Saturday, September 16th.
Rules and regulations for participation:
1. All books published during 2015-2017 by either independent, big editorials or self published, are allowed to participate, as long as 50 or more copies were made.
2. Register under the following form. In the case of not being properly filled out, the form will be dismissed.
3. All books should be sent to the following address:
*Foto Museo Cuatro Caminos - Av. Ingenieros militares 77, Col. Lomas de Sotelo, Naucalpan, Estado de México, CP: 53390, México
4. All books can be sent by the author, the photographer, the editor or by a third person acting in representation of either of the previously mentioned.
5. The deadline for receiving books is on September the 1st (or during the following 4 natural days as long as their postmark does not overpass that date).
6. The decision made to exhibit the selected books during the Coloquio Latinoamericano de Fotografía ¿Adónde vamos? will be unappealable and will be announced on September 8th through our social media and webpage:
Fb: /FotoMuseo4Caminos - /cLatinoFoto
7. Selection criteria:
• Quality of the editorial proposal
• Originality and innovation
• Articulation and photographic speech
8. The award to the best editorial project will be delivered on Saturday, September 16th, to whom was responsible to send the winner book, during the Coloquio.
9. 2 additional honorific mentions will take place.
10. The selection of the award winner and of the two additional honorific mentions will be made by the jury and will also be unappealable. Any unforeseen circumstance regarding this summon, will be resolved by the award organizing team.
11. The books could be sent back to whomever sent them if requested, who in this case would cover the shipping cost. The deadline for this request is on November 30th, 2017.
12. The people accountable for the selected books to be exhibited will authorize -through digital or printed media- the partial and total reproduction rights of the submitted pieces. This would be for the award diffusion and communication purposes.
13. The conveners will not be held responsible for the books’ shipping in case any damage occurs or if they got lost on the way.
14. The selected authors to be exhibited during the photobooks exposition at the Coloquio, will be able to participate in all of the program’s activities for free. The traveling expenses to Mexico City, housing services and meals, will be covered by the selected authors.
For further clarification or any doubts regarding these issues, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
El Foto Museo Cuatro Caminos nace como una iniciativa de la Fundación Pedro Meyer A.C., con el objetivo de crear un espacio dedicado a la educación de la imagen fotográfica, a través de la exhibición, difusión, producción y enseñanza de la fotografía.
Ingenieros Militares no. 77, a un par de cuadras del Metro Cuatro Caminos salida paradero Sur. Entre la delegación Miguel Hidalgo y el municipio de Naucalpan.